BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

big J

It's not because of the recent tragedies that befell Japan that I wasn't able to blog in the past couple of weeks (although it has been sort of the reason for the past few days). Rather,I traveled and still am traveling extensively throughout much of the southern half of Japan and lucky for me I chose this part of the country to travel around, otherwise if I went up north, I would still be in an evacuation shelter or worse, I would've been flown home which I dread.

Right now, I'm all alone in the room spending my time to reintroduce myself to the things I missed doing when classes were still on. And now that I have a 6 week long spring break to do whatever the hell I want, I chose to spend it around the Kansai and Chugoku areas of Nihon. I was only supposed to spend 10 days of travel, but thanks in part to the, wait for it, Great Tohoku earthquake and the ensuing tsunami and radiation scare, I immediately came back here in Hiroshima after my return to Tokyo as it was incredibly tense up there with the many unknown things that could happen at any second. Just for the record, I am not fleeing and I am not saying that Tokyo is as dangerous as how the stupid blabber-mouthed attitude of the media is trying portray the tragedy, but it is spring break and I intend to travel as much as my funds allow. Not that I have a lot, the tragedy has already taken a toll on my financial security. :(

Nonetheless, it has been a worthwhile experience. I was luckily miles away when the earth's crust slid past each other and displaced Japan a few meters to the east. I was at the Hiroshima peace memorial museum the moment it struck, and I only found out a few minutes later when my mom called all the way from the Philippines asking me how I was. What she told me sounded unbelievable at that time. She said that an earthquake struck in Japan, and that there already was a raging tsunami meters high. In the middle of the sad museum, she told me that. Of course I didn't believe her immediately. Moms often have the tendency to exaggerate things when hysterical, so I politely accepted what she said and assured her I was 100% alright and safe. That night in the hostel, I was flooded with images in the news of toppling offices and raging waters. Things I thought that only happened in movies  can actually happen in real life, and that my mom was actually telling the truth. But enough of that. That's not what's bothering me much now. There are more..

I just learned something that broke my heart. I will not divulge the specifics. I thought it would be okay. Turns out I'm jealous when I shouldn't be.

Just this for now. I'll think about the rest first before posting them here.




Fuck this feeling.

0 comments: