BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 2, 2013

A new beginning part 2

Today. Exactly a month and a day since I moved to Hong Kong. I was prematurely uprooted from home prior to coming over. I found out I was moving here merely a week before actually flying out. And that is a lot to take in. I was not just travelling for a short while like all my previous forays abroad. I was actually moving away. The strangest couple of weeks happened right before my move. I had just gotten to Los Angeles from Costa Rica after a week of intense science. I had absolutely nothing to do in LA but to be a tourist for a while and see what the clamour was of that very superficial city. There I got an email asking me if I was still interested with the RA job I asked for more than a year ago. I said yes, and they wanted me over as soon as I could. And I said okay. So I came over. I barely  said any goodbyes to all the people back home. Many didn't even know of my leaving. It was a strange few days when I was trying to take the fact that I was moving all in. And what awkward conversations I had with my friends when they found out all the plans we've set out for the year won't be happening at all. Crickets.

But I did, and began my independent life all over again. Just like Tokyo, except that I had more money then, and I was a student! This time I'm not, and I have less. Shit how this world works sometimes. And I have to live in this fishing village 90 minutes from any decent station in HK (exaggerated there a little bit, but).

And so I challenge myself to learn Cantonese by the end of this crazy year. Done deal.

0 comments: